Friday, November 18, 2011

Nursery: Part 1

So, once we officially found out we were NOT moving before Little Miss O makes her appearance, I got down to nesting. It was KILLING me up to this point not to set up a baby space; instead of creating, I was stuck in planning mode. Some of these plans included a homemade crib set:
Just a fabric preview-finished set coming soon!
More after the jump...


The alphabet we decorated at my baby shower:


You get the idea. One thing I didn't anticipate making, however, were these little babies:


I got inspired to make these one night while Daniel was on duty. I had everything in various places around the house, and as I cleaned I started piling it all together subconsciously. And I love how they turned out, if I do say so myself. The words are a vinyl wall art set I got on clearance at AC Moore, the frames/mats were in a value pack from Bed, Bath and Beyond, and the paper and flowers are all randomly pulled from my scrapbooking box! I removed the glass from the frames so the flowers could really pop out, and I used hot glue to them to the mats. The vinyl words pressed nicely onto the scrapbook paper with the tool they came with. I will have to let you know how they hold up!

Something I found while we were working on our registry were these closet dividers:

Super cute way to organize, right?
Unfortunately, I almost went in to labor from sticker shock! Not nearly as cute after that-they wanted $11 for something made of cheap plastic. So I had a moment where I said to myself 'I can make those, and they will be personalized!' Perfect. After spending an evening painting, hot gluing, and tying ribbons, here's what I came up with:


So, what do you think? The reverse sides are 12-18 months (on the back of the Newborn tag) and increasing to 4T. I figured that way we could use them as she grows, and then later on to separate the stacks of clothes in storage boxes :)

More to come soon! I am still working on her crib set and a few other things, so stay tuned. Happy crafting!

~Meara

1 comment:

  1. Hello! You've won a giveaway over on my blog, see the link here: http://www.craftinessisnotoptional.com/2012/01/olfa-applique-scissors-giveaway.html

    Please email me with your full name and address and I can get your info to the OLFA people and they can send off your new scissors! Please email me back within 48 hours, or I will need to pick a new winner. Thanks! and COngrats!

    Jess
    craftinessisnotoptional@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete